Hawkins Contura Black Pressure Cooker
- Brand: hawkins, collection: contura, type: pressure cooker
- Colour: black, body material: aluminium, induction base: no ;
- 5 year Guarantee Under the terms of the written guarantee, your pressure cooker is guaranteed for 5 years. The guarantee card comes packed inside your pressure cooker carton
- Hawkins Authorised Service Expert, life-long free authorised service is available from around 700 Hawkins Authorised Service Centres in India, Nepal and Bhutan, which are listed in the Hawkins Service Centre Directory that accompanies each Hawkins product shipped in this region
- Ideal for cooking for: 5-7 Persons
|Capacity||1.5 L / 2.0 L / 3.0 L / 3.5 L/ 4.0 L/ 5.0 L/ 6.5 L|
|Is Dishwasher Safe||Yes|
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 41.91 x 25.4 x 17.78 cm; 2.54 Kilograms
- Date First Available : 10 September 2013
- Manufacturer : HAWKINS COOKERS LIMITED
- Item model number : CB50
- Country of Origin : India
- Manufacturer : HAWKINS COOKERS LIMITED, HAWKINS COOKERS LIMITED, NEW UDYOG MANDIR II, PITAMBER LANE, MAHIM, MUMBAI 400 016. TEL: +91-22-2444 0807
- Packer : HAWKINS COOKERS LIMITED, NEW UDYOG MANDIR II, PITAMBER LANE, MAHIM, MUMBAI 400 016. TEL: +91-22-2444 0877
- Net Quantity : 1 Units
- Included Components : 1 - Cooker Body, 1 - Cooker Lid, 1 - Vent Weight, 1 - Rubber Gasket, 1 - Guarantee Card, 1 - Cookbook, 1 - Service Centre Directory
- Generic Name : Hawkins Contura Black pressure cooker
The hard anodised models have all the features and benefits of the hawkins contura pressure cooker in a hard anodised body
and stainless steel lid. The beautiful, durable black finish given by 60 micron thick hard anodising has two benefits.
It makes the pressure cooker absorb heat faster, making it more energy-efficient.
And the pressure cooker stays looking new for years. Recommended for use on gas stoves.
From the manufacturer
Features and Benefits
Unique Curved Body
The cooker body is given the right curvature, which has three benefits: food is easy to stir during the cooking that is done prior to pressure cooking; this helps prevent the food from sticking or burning and clean-up is so easy! . For difficult dishes which require a lot of stirring, the Contura with its rounded sides is an ideal pressure cooker.
Hard Anodised - Inside and Out
The Contura Black pressure cooker body is hard anodised all over, inside and outside, which, coupled with the stainless steel lid, ensures high standards of hygiene and durability. These metals are known to be less reactive with the juices and acids in various foods.
Strong Hard Anodised Body
The beautiful, durable black finish given by 60 microns thick hard anodising has three benefits. It makes the pressure cooker absorb heat faster making it more energy-efficient. Your pressure cooker stays looking new for years. And the hard anodising surface reacts less with the acids and juices in the food.
Food-Grade Superior Stainless Steel lid
The food-grade stainless steel lid along with the hard anodised body all over – inside and outside – ensures the highest levels of hygiene and durability!
The Hawkins Pressure-Locked Safety lid
The unique Hawkins Pressure-Locked Safety lid ensures that when there is pressure inside the cooker, the lid is pressure-locked like a modern jetliner door. It cannot be opened until the pressure has fallen to a safe level.
Perfect Sealing through better design - “Play”
The lid handle bar is so attached to the lid that there is extra space for deliberate “play” or movement. This ensures perfect sealing of the lid with the rim of the cooker body. This is an advanced design feature - do not try to tighten the bar and remove this “play”!
Fixed Sturdy Pivot
The fixed sturdy pivot assists the self-centralising lid in locking securely and safely in place, ensuring a steam-tight seal. It is also designed so that no undue pressure is put on the plastic handles, as it is part of the metal handle itself. Thus the handles last longer.
Superior Pressure Regulation
The New Improved pressure regulation system regulates pressure better, cooks faster, saves more fuel, is easier to insert and remove and reduces sprouting of frothy foods (such as dal).
Automatic Safety Valve
The automatic Safety Valve is positioned such that, if it operates, the steam and food are deflected safely downwards.
Longer Lasting Gasket
As the lid fits from inside, the gasket does not get rubbed sideways, or cut or scraped every time the pressure cooker is opened or closed. Further, exposure of the gasket to food acids in the pressure cooker is minimised due to the protection given to it by the rim of the lid.
Sturdy, Stay-Cool Handles
Your pressure cooker comes with stay-cool handles which are easy and comfortable to hold while cooking. The handles are designed to provide optimal comfort and protection from excessive heat when the cooker is in use. The metal screw and rivets used to fasten the handles are safely recessed to limit the chances of your hand coming into contact with hot metal during cooking.
Works on Gas
Recommended for use on Gas stove.
The Hawkins Cookbook Advantage
A cookbook or instruction manual is supplied free of cost with each pressure cooker. It valuable and practical information on the proper use and care of your pressure cooker, and a variety of tested recipes as well. Feel free to experiment and develop your own recipes once you are comfortable using your pressure cooker!
The Hawkins Test Kitchen
The Test Kitchen writes instructions for the user, develops recipes and solves customer problems. Established in 1984, it has since then tested hundreds of products before launch. The Test Kitchen tests products from the consumer’s point of view. If a prototype has some issues at the testing stage, the Test Kitchen sends it back to the R&D Centre for improving the design.
Certified by UL
UL Certificate No. SA5984. Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) is an independent Worldwide safety analysis, testing and certification Organisation. Headquartered in Chicago, UL was founded in 1894. The UL mark is widely accepted and recognised as a trusted symbol of safety. Their certification includes evaluation and factory surveillance of products by their field representatives worldwide. Several Hawkins models are certified by UL – such models carry the UL mark stamped on the product external base, and printed on the product carton.